Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Design, program, commission/startup, and troubleshoot existing systems integrated control and communication systems including but not limited to:
I/O database (e.g. using SQL) and alarm configuration control logic (e.g. using ladder or function block); PLC5, SLC 500, ControlLogix
Human Machine Interface / Graphic User Interface (e.g. Wonderware, Ignition, PanelView)
Profibus, EtherNet/IP, Modbus TCP, CNet, ASi, HART, and other fieldbus networks design/configuration
Ethernet TCP/IP (layers 1-3) networks
Experience with specification, sizing and selection of controllers, instrumentation and visualization systems.
Design, select and implement Safety Instrument Systems; perform HAZOP’s
Work and communicate effectively with other disciplines, task leaders, and project managers
Guide, inspect, test the works of manufacturing of panels, cabinets, consoles, networks and cabling system kits
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Perform submittal reviews from contractors, vendors, and system integrators.
- Perform calculations to determine sizing of controllers, instruments and cabling
- Perform QA/QC reviews and/or development of relevant procedures.
- Produce effective and accurate written documents, reports, requisition packages and technical memorandums.
- Develop control strategies that document the control logic to be configured in the control system.
- Produce instrumentation and controls design deliverables (specifications, control system schematic and block diagrams, wiring diagrams, cause/effect, calibration and datasheet forms, PFD’s, and P&IDs).